Silvas, Buschur join All-League track and field team

IMAGE / Connor Earegood

Sophomore Braylon Silvas earned All-League honors in the Metro League championship on Wednesday, May 22. Silvas won the 110-meter high hurdles and the long jump.

Closing out the 2019 Metro League season, the boys track and field team placed fourth with 75 points in the Metro League championship Wednesday, May 22.

Fenton won the event with 157 points, while Swartz Creek earned second with 112.

Flushing tallied 93.5 points to finish third.

Earning All-League honors in the 110-meter high hurdles, sophomore Braylon Silvas won the event in 16.64 seconds.

He also won the long jump with a distance of 20 feet, 7 inches, which is his best performance of the season.

With a personal-record throw of 148-10, senior Dylan Buschur won the discus. He earned All-League from the victory.

IMAGE / Connor Earegood
Joining the Metro League All-League team, senior Dylan Buschur won the discus at the league championship Wednesday, May 22.

Buschur thinks his efforts through four long years of throwing discus proved worth it.

“I feel like that meet showed me that all the hard work from freshman year until now paid off,” Buschur said.

Silvas placed second in the 300 hurdles with a time of 44.07.

In the 800 run, junior Raydoffa Braziel took second place, earning second-team All-League honors, in 2:02.58.

The 1600 relay team placed third in the Metro League with a time of 3:36.99.

Silvas, Braziel, senior Josh Bischoff, and freshman Tyler Csintyan make up the team.

In the shot put, sophomore Isaiah Jones finished third with a personal record of 45-00. He earned third-team All-League honors.

Senior Eddie Harris placed fourth with a throw of 44-11.25.

In the high jump, Csintyan’s height of 5-06 was good for fifth place.

Taking sixth in the discus, Harris launched a 126-04.

The Hornets will travel to Carman-Ainsworth for the Norb Badar Invitational on Tuesday, May 28.

The meet is Kearsley’s last tournament before the state final in Zeeland on Saturday, June 1.