Study tips to help you rock your exams

IMAGE / Makenzie Boillat

Exams are Tuesday, Jan. 15, through Thursday, Jan. 17.

Exams are coming up fast and time to study is running out.

At the end of each semester, students begin to stress and scramble to raise their grades, all while knowing that their time to improve is dwindling.

Exams have a large effect on students’ semester grades, 20 percent, which can be daunting for freshmen.

These exams will be the first high school exams for the Freshman Class, and these first semester grades will make up the base of each student’s GPA.

Freshman Tabitha Cunningham feels prepared and has started to study.

“I’m most nervous for French, but math should be easy,” Cunningham said.

Although Cunningham is feeling prepared, freshman Kaleb Gettings isn’t feeling as confident.

“I think I’m gonna do terrible,” Gettings said. “I am least prepared for history because I did bad on the other one.”

As stressful as exams can be, there are ways to help students feel more confident toward passing their exams.

Hare some tips that may help students do well on their exams:

• Studying with friends can make studying fun and can also be a helpful tool for students by having others to give guidance when they are feeling confused.
  • Chunking will make studying fly by. To chunk your work, study for a certain amount of time, take a short break, and repeat. Chunking information also helps with memorizing the material.
  • Be sure to finish each exam review and ask any questions if you’re feeling uneasy. Remember, teachers are here to help.
  • Study as soon as possible to help avoid cramming and stress.
  • Being confident and believing in yourself is key to success. Self-confidence over any material will affect your attitude toward the exam.

For more tips you can also visit GoConqr.

Remember to stay relaxed and study wisely.