A Valentine’s Day date can be simple or fancy

Miranda+Blaine+

IMAGE / Mr. Darrick Puffer

Miranda Blaine

Love wafts throughout the hallways here at KHS.

In classrooms, out of classrooms, up the halls, down the halls, the right side of the school, the left side of the school — love is all around.

Whether or not people believe Valentine’s Day is a real holiday, it’s a holiday for love nonetheless.

But what can young lovers do on this magical Saturday night?

Many freshmen and sophomores cannot drive yet, nor do they have money for a fancy date.

A great way to get around those obstacles is to invite that special someone over to watch a romantic movie on DVD or stream on Netflix. It’s cheap and requires minimal driving.

To find some specific movies to watch, check out the 10 romantic movies you should watch for Valentine’s Day.

Both Senior Lillie Campeau and Senior Madison Beall plan to “hang out” with their boyfriends.

For students who can drive and do have money to spend, they can go all out and go out to dinner and maybe a movie afterward. This date could range between $20 to $40. To help with the cost of movie tickets, students could go to the NCG Courtland Cinemas, which charges $4 a ticket for students.

The simple route could be a nice romantic gesture of surprising that special someone with flowers and chocolate. Lots of people like flowers and chocolates, especially when they’re a surprise.

Junior Joel Paladuk plans to buy his girlfriend a giant stuffed teddy bear and some chocolates.

Instead of doing the cliché ways to express their love, young couples can get creative.

One way is to make their significant other a hand-made valentine or love note. It’s sentimental and shows effort.

Another creative way to express young love is to decorate lockers. Decorate it with red, pink, and white hearts or other love symbols.

However, not everyone has a significant other to spend time with on Valentine’s Day.

A single person could spend Valentine’s Day with friends or do something alone.

Watching a movie on Netflix while feasting on junk food is a great way to spend this special day if someone is alone.

Going shopping with friends or going to the movies to see a non-romantic movie with friends could also be fun if someone is single.

Single people are not limited to doing those things. They can check out more things to do at Alicia Konsez’s column.

No matter the situation, Valentine’s Day is all about love and spending time with loved ones.