Freshman birthday celebrations can be fun

Everyone has a birthday, so why not celebrate it festively?

There are many different new and creative things you could do for your birthday to make the day even more special

Buy a piñata

Piñatas are a fun thing for people of all ages to enjoy.

It makes people happy when they get to beat the piñata and compete to break it open. In your piñata, you can put different goodies such as candy or trinkets.

Freshman Hailey Lopez has had a piñata.

“As a kid, a piñata was fun and hitting it was the best part,” Lopez said.

Invite family members over that you don’t see often

The more the merrier, right?

Having your whole family at your party can mean making more memories and having more people to share your special day with. Just give your family members a call. They will, most likely, gladly come to celebrate with you and your friends.

Sophomore Savanna Keskes has had family from out of state come to her party.

“Long distance family members came from Florida and New York, and family always comes because it’s great to see them,” Keskes said.

Throw a slumber party

My friends and I went skating, then we came home and watched ‘Harry Potter,’ and I had a slumber party that was fun.

— Hannah Webster, freshman

Slumber parties are a thing most girls enjoy, having friends over and partying. What person doesn’t enjoy doing that?

At slumber parties, you can snack, watch a movie, or have a dance party.

Freshman Hannah Webster went out skating then had a slumber party.

“My friends and I went skating, then we came home and watched ‘Harry Potter,’ and I had a slumber party that was fun,” Webster said.

Catch a bite to eat and a movie with the people you love

Pick out some of your favorite people, your favorite place to eat, and a movie that sounds interesting to you, because it’s your day to shine.

Freshman Hope Wills has gone to the movies for her birthday.

“My friends and I went to the movies and watched ‘Maleficent.’ I loved it,” Wills said.

Have your party at a park

Parks are a great place to celebrate your party.

If you plan on inviting a lot of people, you could have it at a park. It’s an open area and fun for people of all ages.

Parks are also a great area if you have younger siblings or cousins. The park can keep your younger family members busy so you can relax and hang with your friends and family.

I fell off the monkey bars and got made fun of, but it was fun.

— Paige Brown, freshman

Freshman Paige Brown did many things at her party in the park.

“I had my friends and family,” Bown said. “I had a piñata and cake and ice cream. I fell off the monkey bars and got made fun of, but it was fun.”

Get out of the house and enjoy your birthday because you are a special person.