Teagan MacDonald embodies Kearsley’s spirit

She bowls, plays piano, volunteers, and dances

Senior+Teagan+MacDonald+

IMAGE / Makenzie Schroeder

Senior Teagan MacDonald

Teagan MacDonald, senior, was born June 27, 1997, and has been going to Kearsley since kindergarten.

When I first interviewed MacDonald, I noticed that she was friendly and comfortable to be around.

It was a bit difficult to find time around her busy schedule to set up an interview, but when we found time to talk, I was not disappointed.

MacDonald is nice and approachable. She is both respectful and polite to students and teachers.

Ms. Kari Shaw, English teacher, thinks that MacDonald is focused, friendly and a great leader.

“Teagan MacDonald is extremely responsible, trustworthy, positive, dedicated, and also a great leader who works well with everyone,” Shaw said.

MacDonald loves to bowl. She has been part of two bowling state championship teams.

Outside of bowling, MacDonald is a member of the Student Council and a part of the National Honor Society. She is also a skilled pianist and dancer.

MacDonald’s favorite subject in school is science. She wants to become a veterinarian after graduation, mostly because she loves animals.

Senior Teagan MacDonald volunteers at the office during her lunch.
IMAGE / Makenzie Schroeder

With plans on graduating at the top of her class, MacDonald would like to attend veterinary school at Michigan State University.

MacDonald enjoys comedies. Her favorite movie is “The Fast and the Furious.”

Describing herself as a positive, strong, and kind leader, MacDonald said being a leader is one of the best things she could have ever decided to be.

MacDonald says that her family is the reason of her success.

“My family pushing me and encouraging me to do my best in everything has made me successful,” MacDonald said.

MacDonald loves helping and volunteering around both the school and the community. She is a freshman mentor and a part of the Superintendent Youth Advisory Council.

In addition, MacDonald considers her grades as one of her best achievements.

“I pride myself on making all A’s throughout high school, except for one B+,” she said.

MacDonald works hard to maintain great grades in all subjects.

“My least favorite subject in school is English because I am a slow reader,” MacDonald said.

Teagan MacDonald epitomizes the Kearsley school spirit because in everything she does, she celebrates Kearsley.

— Mr. John Hall, psychology teacher

MacDonald also enjoys traveling. She has been all around Michigan for dance and bowling competitions, and she goes to Florida every summer with her family and best friend.

MacDonald has a lot of school spirit. She always participates in school activities and takes pride in being a Hornet.

Mr. John Hall, psychology teacher, said, “Teagan MacDonald epitomizes the Kearsley school spirit because in everything she does, she celebrates Kearsley.”