Why guys need to consider going to prom

Jacob+DePottey

Jacob DePottey

Most girls view prom as one of the most important nights in their high school career.

On the other hand, boys mainly just view this dance as just that – a dance.

The only reason most boys go is because their girlfriend wants them to or because they have a date. Seeing a solo guy at a dance is an uncommon sight, especially at prom.

But with or without a date, everyone should attend prom, even seemingly uninterested male students.

Why?

First off, it is the last dance of a senior’s high school career.

It is one of their last hurrahs that will ever be made in high school.

Sure, some students may go to formals in college, but nothing will compare to the memories made before, during, and after prom.

This is one of the last big events students will spend with all or most of their high school friends, so that should be taken into consideration, as well.

In less than a month, school will be over for seniors and most will end up losing connection with many of their grade school pals.

So this is not just any ordinary dance but one of the final goodbyes.

You probably will never see most of these people again, so enjoy the time you have with them.

Secondly, there is only one prom.

Even if it turns out being lame, at least be able to say that you attended.

This dance has a lot more going on than the Sadie Hawkins or homecoming dances, so enjoy the dinner that is served and the country club where it will be held.

Do not knock it until you try it. Who knows, you may just have fun.

Not to mention, some students will eventually regret not going.

No one likes being that person stuck at home on prom night.

As that person, you will be forced to eventually go on social media and view all of the fun-looking prom pictures.

Plus, it will be talked about the whole following week.

Time machines would be great, but unfortunately they still have not been invented, so students should just attend to avoid possible regret.

And if you actually get to prom and regret going, you can just leave, so it is a win-win situation.

No matter how terrible it may seem to show up alone, even going without a date to prom can still be fun.

That will leave you able to dance with anyone you want.

You will not have to worry about hurting your date’s feelings if you want to also dance with other people.

Going alone is also cheaper since you will not have to worry about buying a corsage, extra ticket, or dinner.

You will be able to just focus on having fun.

A night spent playing on the PS4 may sound appealing, but it can wait.

As a guy, I know that going to dances may seem like a waste of time, but it is the last one.

Enjoy the night with no curfew, good friends, and, most importantly, no regrets.