We’re still making our senior year the best year of our lives

Karmen+Bishoff

Karmen Bishoff

Well, my fellow classmates, our time here at KHS is dwindling to an end.

Soon we will all be parting and going our separate ways.

We all remember walking through those big doors as scared, frail freshmen.

It soon became evident that some of us would take a liking to physical science, whereas others would take one to physical education.

Freshman year set the tone for our high school career.

By sophomore year we knew the ropes.

Junior year had felt like a drag, but we made it through.

We made friends, and lost some along the way.

As we continue with our lives it will be harder to maintain friendships.

We have not fully prepared ourselves for our separation away from our close pals.

As friends, we sat together at lunch, we talked about what our boyfriend or girlfriend had just told us, we gossiped about sports and clubs, and talked about all of the hectic things going on our senior year.

This is our home. KHS will always hold a special place in each and every one of our hearts.

Leaving this place will not be easy. But we will always find a way to reunite.

Before meeting up with old friends, we will remember all of the things we miss most about high school — dances, sporting events, pep assemblies, and all of our academic achievements.

I will miss seeing teachers I know, and Homecoming and football season.

— Angelina Abu-Farha, senior

For senior Angelina Abu-Farha, she looks forward to meeting new people and surrounding herself with new faces once she leaves KHS.

“I will miss seeing teachers I know, and Homecoming and football season,” Abu-Farha said.

We will all look back at old pictures from our dances and, more than likely, regret what we were wearing. But we will cherish the memories.

Senior Kenny Palmer is ready to write the next chapter of his life and feels totally in control of what takes place next.

“I will definitely miss all of the friends I have made my last eight years here,” Palmer said.

Many of us have been going to Kearsley since kindergarten and we have become more than comfortable with our classmates; we have become a family.

It goes without saying that we will all be making new friends.

Many of our memories will fade once we start the next chapter in our lives. But we will never forget the opportunities that high school has granted us.

Not only did we make new friends and lose a few along the way, but we learned many valuable life lessons.

I will miss dancing on K-Motion and being at basketball games.

— Reyana Rivera, senior

We learned how to deal with stress, or at least try to manage it. Long nights full of studying took over our lives.

Staying organized is something that we learned is always important because it will help us have a successful career.

Senior Reyana Rivera is ready for a fresh start.

“I am surrounded by my friends everyday, but it will be so refreshing meeting new people,” Rivera said. “I will miss dancing on K-Motion and being at basketball games.”

College is a scary thought, but we are easily comforted by the memories we share with so many amazing people.

The important lessons that we have learned during our senior year will carry us far as we pursue the next chapter in our lives.

Our senior year is not over yet, so it is our goal to make it the best year of our lives.

— Karmen Bishoff

We will reminisce the times we spent with our families because they played an important roll in allowing us to go after our dreams.

And some of our dreams are finally a reality.

We must promise ourselves that we will always find a way to reunite knowing that this is just the beginning of our lives.