Scott enjoys being involved in extracurriculars

Seniors+Aubrey+Scott+%28left%29+and+Sarah+Streit+traveled+to+Chicago+with+Streits+family.+

IMAGE / Courtesy of Aubrey Scott

Seniors Aubrey Scott (left) and Sarah Streit traveled to Chicago with Streit’s family.

The buzzer sounds, senior Aubrey Scott dives into the pool and starts swimming the butterfly as fast as she can to make sure she can win the event for her team.

Scott has done a lot during her high school career, such as being part of Kearsley’s Student Council and being class president her sophomore and junior years.

As well as being on the swim team, she is a catcher on the softball team. Scott loves playing sports because she loves to compete and get closer with her teammates.

Scott can’t wait to graduate and start planning her future because she currently is undecided on what exactly what she wants to be. But she leaning toward something in the medical field.

She is considering becoming a pharmacologist or a bio-mechanical engineer, which she thinks will be easy considering she is an excellent student, holding a grade point average of 3.96.

Aubrey Scott (left) and Alexis Schwartz show off their game faces before their 2015 powder puff game when they were juniors.
IMAGE / Courtesy of Aubrey Scott
Aubrey Scott (left) and Alexis Schwartz show off their game faces before their 2015 powder puff games their junior year.

Considering all of this, Scott still finds time for a social life with many friends.

Senior Abbey Watts has been friends with Scott since the first grade.

“I think Aubrey and I have stayed friends this long because she has a great sense of humor and can make me laugh whenever I might need it,” Watts said.

Scott can also be more sensitive if needed and help her friends get though tough times.

Senior Sarah Streit has also been friends with Scott since around sixth grade and she would not want to change a thing about that.

Abbey Watts and Aubrey Scott, juniors, play softball together.
IMAGE / Courtesy of Abbey Watts
Abbey Watts (bottom) and Aubrey Scott, seniors, play softball together.

“I think the thing that has made our friendship last is that we pretty much like all the same things, plus nothing is ever kept a secret between us,” Streit said.

Scott is great at making people laugh and that’s what makes people want to be her friend.

Senior Alexis Schwartz said that is why she and Aubrey have stayed friends for so long.

“My favorite thing about Aubrey is how goofy she can be,” Schwartz said. “It works out because we tend to bond over silly things and can be silly together.”

“Aubrey and I have also been friends since at least second grade, and I wouldn’t want to change that at all,” Schwartz said.  “She is such a genuine person who can make you laugh until you cry.”