Turkey Day Plans and Traditions

Hope+everyone+had+an+amazing+Thanksgiving.+
IMAGE / https://pixexid.com/image/the-phrase-happy-thanksgiving-is-spelled-out-with-colorful-autumn-leaves-plac-seb9ezvk
Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a day celebrated in many different ways, from eating a big dinner with friends and family to watching the Detroit Lions play their annual Thanksgiving football game. 

Many students and teachers at Kearsley High School, otherwise known as KHS, also celebrate Thanksgiving in many other ways. So, today let’s hear about how some KHS teachers and staff members are planning on spending their Thanksgiving day. 

Starting off, Mrs.Sporman whose position at KHS is PBIS and working with attendance, is going to spend Thanksgiving with her family.

Mrs.Sporman told reporters how her daughter who is in college is coming back to Michigan for Thanksgiving, “I’m most excited that my oldest daughter is coming home from college from Iowa and we haven’t seen her in ten weeks and we get to spend the weekend together,” exclaimed Mrs.Sporman.

Then Mrs.Sporman continued to tell reporters about her Thanksgiving plans, “Our plans are to have our whole family over for dinner and the next day go shopping and get our Christmas tree.”

Most people also plan on spending the day with family as Mrs.Sporman did. 

For example, Mrs.Wolf is having a big Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends, “Usually I go to my parents and there’s like forty people there and it’s loud and hot [the temperature] and awesome but this year I’m cooking for fifteen people. Which I’m a little nervous about because I’ve never done it before. I mean I’ve cooked but I’ve only ever made Thanksgiving [dinner] once, so I’m a little nervous, a lot of pressure, and I don’t want to screw it up,” expressed Mrs.Wolf. 

Like Mrs.Sporman and Mrs.Wolf, Mr.Nester is also having a Thanksgiving dinner with his family, “We meet with my extended family which would be my brother and two sisters and all of their children usually, assuming everyone is in the country, they travel a lot. We cook together and we usually play some games, card games sometimes, then we watch football…” stated Mr.Nester. 

Mr.Nester then went on to tell reporters about his Thanksgiving twist. “…but over the last five or six years I’ve been challenging my students to do some expression of gratefulness for somebody in their family and then either take a picture or videotape it and send it to me on Thanksgiving day. Then one year I started sharing that with my family and then it became a thing where they got interested in finding out what my students were doing. Some years I have a lot of people that will submit things and some years very few. But in class, we talk about ways you could surprise somebody in your family that you haven’t said thank you to or that you’re grateful for in a while and they just take it from there,” Mr. Nester exclaimed. 

No matter what plans people celebrate on Thanksgiving, it should be everyone’s goal to at least tell one person who and what they are grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!