Mr. Ruben Ayala immigrated to the United States from Mexico. He is sophomore Niccos Patricks grandfather.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Niccos Patrick

Mr. Ruben Ayala immigrated to the United States from Mexico. He is sophomore Niccos Patrick’s grandfather.

Niccos Patrick traces his lineage to a Mexican immigrant

Throughout history, people from all over the world have immigrated to the United States, and some of them have immigrated to the Kearsley area, creating families who end up attending KHS.

IMAGE / Heather McNeill
Sophomore Niccos Patrick traces his lineage to Mexico since his grandfather immigrated to the United States from there.

Sophomore Niccos Patrick’s grandfather came to the United States from Mexico.

Patrick, a second-generation American, tells the story of how his grandfather came here based on accounts of his mother and aunt.

His grandfather’s name was Mr. Ruben Ayala, who immigrated here from Mexico at the age of 28.

Patrick explains that his grandfather came here because he wanted to come to the “free country.”

“He loved his home, but he wanted to come to America,” Patrick said.

Ayala was known for teaching his kids how to understand Spanish although he did not actually teach them to speak the language.

“He taught all of his kids to understand Spanish but not to speak it. When he would visit Mexico, he’d take his kids, and it was considered the most amazing thing to have non-Spanish speaking kids visit,” Patrick said.

This made Ayala’s visits to Mexico fun and exciting. He enjoyed taking his children back to where he grew up.

He loved the U.S. because he met my grandma. They loved each other.

— Niccos Patrick, sophomore

Ayala enjoyed living in the United States. Meeting his wife was probably his most memorable moment, Patrick said.

“He loved the U.S. because he met my grandma,” Patrick said. “They loved each other.”

People of all different ethnicity’s immigrating to the United States bring new interactions and relationships to the United States.

With immigration being a major topic of conversation lately, it’s important to understand the relationships being built and the interaction occurring due to immigration.

Without families being formed, some people wouldn’t even be here, like Patrick, whose lineage is traced through an immigrant coming to the United States.

The Eclipse • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Eclipse Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *