Haack Dominates the lanes and the Classroom

IMAGE / Jody Haack

“Gavin is a very funny person to be around and he can always crack jokes and make everyone laugh when the spirits are down, he is also just a chill all around good guy.”

When you’re in high school, it’s a place to really find who you are and what you like.

Everyone’s interests are very different and that’s what makes us who we are.

For sophomore Gavin Haack this special interest/talent is bowling.

Haack found his talent when he started bowling at the young age of 6 years old.

“I basically grew up in a bowling center. My mom and dad would bowl in leagues together and so did my grandpa.” Haack said. “Ever since I started when I was young I knew I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.”  Haack said.

When Gavin finally reached high school he was eager to try out for the high school bowling team. He had practiced for many years to lead up to the tryout for the varsity team.

“I was proud of myself for making the varsity bowling team as a freshmen, but it wasn’t really a surprise.” Haack said. “I’ve been bowling nearly my whole life and practicing all year round since middle school so a lot of the fundamentals were there. But the varsity experience of making it all the way to states and singles states as a freshmen was unreal.”

This passion of Gavin’s has led him to learn a lot on and off the lanes.

“I’ve learned to deal with a lot of tough situations. When the lanes get tough I can rely on my past experiences and my knowledge to make the adjustment for the lanes.” Haack said. “I have also gained most of my friends through bowling and a lot of unforgettable memories.”

Haack is also known as a very good friend to many people and has impacted a lot of his friends lives.

Freshmen Trent Zemore is one of Haack’s fellow teammates and friends.

“Gavin is a very funny person to be around and he can always crack jokes and make everyone laugh when the spirits are down.” Zemore said. “He is also just a chill all around good guy.”

Junior Ashelyn Hatch is also Gavin’s girlfriend.

“Gavin is a good person because he never fails to make someone laugh and he is such a down to earth humble person. If you ever want to hangout with someone Gavin is always there.” Hatch said. “Gavin has always been super nice to me even when I make him mad. If you ever need help with something Gavin will be there for you 9 out of 10 times.”

Haack’s hard work and determination keeps paying off for him on and off the lanes.