The Eclipse names executive editors

The Eclipse editors for the 2018-2019 school year (l to r) will be sophomore Connor Earegood as managing editor, junior Jenna Robinson as editor in chief, and junior Autumn Prescott as special projects editor.

IMAGE / Stephanie Lane

IMAGE / Stephanie Lane

As the year comes to an end, The Eclipse has named the new editor in chief, managing editor, and special projects editor.

For the 2018-2019 school year, junior Jenna Robinson will be filling the shoes of editor in chief.

Robinson, who was managing editor this year and a reporter who later became an editor during her sophomore year, is delighted to be given the opportunity to be the next editor in chief.

“I am honored to take this position in my last year of high schoool,” Robinson said. “I feel ready to be a leader and do all that I can to help improve our newspaper.”

Robinson is eager to tackle her last year of being a part of The Eclipse.

I am honored to take this position in my last year of high school.”

— Jenna Robinson, editor in chief

“I can’t wait to see what next year holds for The Eclipse,” Robinson said.

Sophomore Connor Earegood will be stepping into the managing editor position.

Earegood believes he has what it takes to fill this role, hoping to do as well as Robinson did at the title.

“I’ve seen Jenna do an excellent job this year, and it will be hard to match what she has done in the position,” Earegood said.

Earegood is looking forward to jumping into his role next year.

“I feel I can rise to the challenge and give my best effort to make The Eclipse run efficiently and successfully,” Earegood said.

Next year’s special projects editor will be junior Autumn Prescott.

Prescott hopes to bring a different approach to her position, aiming to bring acknowledgement to how much effort the staff puts in.

“I hope to bring a sense of unique creativity to the newsroom,” Prescott said. “I want people to read our paper and see how much work we, as a class, put into our stories.”

Mr. Darrick Puffer, journalism adviser, believes that Robinson will be a strong editor in chief for The Eclipse.

“Sometimes I am concerned going into a new year,” Puffer said. “But this year I am confident with having Jenna Robinson as editor in chief that The Eclipse will run smoothly right at the beginning of the school year.”

Puffer has confidence in Robinson’s writing abilities and thinks she will be a tenacious leader in the class.

“Jenna has excellent writing and editing abilities and she is becoming  well-versed in webpage design,” Puffer said.

All three of our executive editors have different abilities that will give strength to the news site in multiple areas.”

— Mr. Darrick Puffer, adviser

Puffer and Robinson had a tough time deciding between Earegood and Prescott for the managing editor position.

“It was a difficult decision that Jenna and I had to make,” Puffer said. “Each of the candidates had strengths that were opposite of one another.”

But with that decision, Puffer feels confident that The Eclipse will be in good hands in the 2018-2019 school year.

“All three of our executive editors have different abilities that will give strength to the news site in multiple areas,” Puffer said.