Kellogg drops a new record, cereal

IMAGE / Newsfoto / Kellogg Company
Kellogg’s Company recently released a new cereal, Chocolate Frosted Flakes, and also released the first record to ever be made out of actual cereal.

Recently, the Kellogg’s Company has updated its original and popular cereal Frosted Flakes into a chocolate lover’s dream.

Frosted Flakes is now available in a chocolate flavor and, in order to help promote the new addition, the company has dropped the first ever record made out of cereal.

In a press release from The Kellogg Company, the company said that the record is both playable, containing the boy band PRETTYMUCH’s new song ‘Hello,’ and edible.

“Chocolate lovers will be singing a new tune when Kellogg’s Chocolate Frosted Flakes hits bowls and playlists (April 9) with the first record to ever be made out of actual cereal,” Kellogg’s said in a press release said, “– so that when you are done listening to new release “Hello” from Simon Cowell-backed boy band PRETTYMUCH, you can enjoy the sweet taste of Chocolate Frosted Flakes.”

The record is made completely out of food, with the new chocolate frosted flakes in the center and milk and dark chocolate layered around it.

“The delicious, vinyl-inspired record features a core of Chocolate Frosted Flakes, topped with layers of milk and dark chocolate. Pressed in a 3D-printed mold to create playable grooves, the limited-edition record features a silhouette of Tony the Tiger, to showcase the crunchy, chocolatey Chocolate Frosted Flakes,” Kellogg’s said.

The record itself was only offered to fans of PRETTYMUCH, in New York City, but the Chocolate frosted flakes can be purchased and enjoyed nationwide.

Chocolate Frosted Flakes are available at all major retailers and grocery stores where breakfast foods are sold.

Junior Joscelyn Burns said that she enjoys eating the regular Frosted Flakes, so she plans to give the new version a try.

“I really like the basic Frosted Flakes, and I really like chocolate,” Burns said. “So I definitely wouldn’t mind eating a combination of the two.”