Homecoming spirit days begin next week

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson

Student Council members made posters displaying the spirit days for homecoming week and hung them around the school.

Homecoming week will begin Monday, Oct. 9, leading up to the football game against Owosso on Friday night and the homecoming dance on Saturday night.

Senior Elise Pariseau, Student Council president, plans on having a great deal of student participation with the spirit days this year.

“We came up with our spirit days during the summer, and we all brainstormed and voted on them,” Pariseau said. “I expect a lot of participation because we made them easy to participate in.”

The schedule for the spirit days is as follows:

Monday: Disney Day

Ideas for this day would be to wear your Disney-themed class shirts, Mickey Mouse ears, Disney-themed makeup, or to dress as your favorite Disney character.

Tuesday: Mathletes vs. Athletes 

Dress as a nerd with taped glasses and a bow tie or dress in your favorite sports attire and “game-day” face paint.

Wednesday: Adidas vs. Nike

Wear your Nike shoes or your Adidas pants and “choose a side.”

Thursday: Beauty and the Beast

Dress as Belle and have your significant other dress as the Beast, or go solo and dress as just Belle or the Beast. Perhaps do a half-and-half look with one side beautified and one side disguised as a gruesome beast.

Friday: Blue and Gold

Dress in Kearsley attire and show your school spirit by wearing blue and gold. Anything from clothing to face paint is a good idea.