Preparing for the homecoming dance can be stressful

Junior Heather McNeil (l to r) poses with junior Kaylee Coffer for Homecoming 2016.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Heather McNeil

The fall season is a festive time of year that offers many students chances to participate in activities fueled by school spirit, like the homecoming dance.

The homecoming dance is a wonderful opportunity for students to make memories with friends by busting out their best moves and dressing up in the perfect outfits.

To make the night special, many students work hard to perfect every detail from an elegant hairstyle all the way to down to the best pair of shoes.

While many students enjoy going to the homecoming dance, they also find getting ready for it can be hectic.

IMAGE / Diane Burroughs
Junior Maddy Burroughs checks out her homecoming dress from last year.

Junior Madison Burroughs finds the most demanding part of the homecoming dance to be the taking of pictures beforehand.

“Preparing can be rough,” Burroughs said. “Making sure that you have everything you need and getting a group together to take pictures is always stressful.”

Many people who plan on attending the dance get together with friends to take photos.

Taking pictures on the day of the homecoming dance is a way to capture the event forever, and most students attempt to schedule some kind of photo shoot with their close friends before they go to dinner or straight to the dance floor.

Heather McNeill, junior, finds the day of Homecoming to be a challenge, specifically when it comes to time management.

“Getting ready is stressful because you’re basically on a time crunch all day long,” McNeill said. “Everything’s scheduled and we all have plans with our friends or dates to do things, so going around all the schedules gets crazy.”

IMAGE / Courtesy of Mrs. Vicky Miller
Senior Rachel Miller smiles bright in her 2016 homecoming dress.

Another part of preparing for the homecoming dance is making sure you have the time and resources to do your hair and makeup.

Whether you decide on an elaborate up-do or simple curls, it can take some time to get your hair just right.

Applying makeup can take even longer, which is why it’s critical to stick to a schedule if you want to get to the dance on time.

Senior Rachel Miller finds it hectic trying to make time to do her hair and makeup before meeting up with her friends.

“To get ready for the dance I have to get my hair done at 11 a.m. and do my nails and makeup,” Miller said. ” It always seems to be hectic because I want to make sure I get everything done before my friends meet up for pictures.