Kyle Langworthy, Stephanie Lane work hard for their relationship

IMAGE / Courtesy of Mrs. Dawn Lane

Sophomores Stephanie Lane (l to r) and Kyle Langworthy prepare to attend the Sadie Hawkins dance.

Being in a relationship can be one of the best things in life.

You get to spend time with someone you love and grow together. You can share everything, and you get to click the “in-a-relationship” box on every social media page.

But in order to have that adorable Nicholas Sparks-worthy relationship, you need to have a healthy foundation for your relationship.

Sophomores Stephanie Lane and Kyle Langworthy have been dating for four months after becoming friends last summer. They’ve established a healthy basis for their relationship, which keeps them happy.

They support each other’s extracurricular activities and enjoy spending time together whenever they can.

“We like to go to the movies and go shopping,” Lane said. “We also like to play sports, like basketball and tennis.”

Langworthy appreciates Lane making him laugh and sticking by him no matter what.

Having good senses of humor and being loyal to one another keeps them both cheerful.

“I always have someone who’s there for me,” Langworthy said. “I always have someone to make me laugh and share good times with.”

Lane loves Langworthy’s personality and shares his appreciation of loyalty.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Mrs. Dawn Lane
Sophomores Kyle Langworthy (l to r) and Stephanie Lane celebrate at the Honors Convocation.

“I have someone who’s there for me, and is willing to do anything to make me smile or laugh,” Lane said. “His manners, humor, and unconditional support make it easy to be happy.”

Sophomore Mallory Simms thinks Langworthy and Lane complement each other well.

“They’re like yin and yang and really even each other out personality-wise,” Simms said. “You can tell that they make each other really happy, and they’re fun to be around.”

Lane and Langworthy have put their trust in one another, and they don’t regret it for a moment.

In their relationship, they know they can be themselves and spend their time happily in each other’s company.

“After the PSAT this year, we went back to my house and watched a movie,” Lane said. “I found it really funny and I started laughing so hard that I snorted. But Kyle just continued to laugh with me, and I knew then that he would never judge me for being the weirdo that I am.”

The couple’s friends didn’t see the two becoming a couple until it had already happened. Once Lane and Langworthy got together, friends like sophomore Niccos Patrick couldn’t believe they hadn’t pictured it sooner.

“I knew them before they got together and I never would’ve thought to put them together,” Patrick said. “Now, though, it just seems right. They seem to work off each other very easily, and I’m glad they found each other.”

Joshua Gunther, sophomore, also thinks Lane and Langworthy work very well together.

“I like Kyle a lot, and I think he’s just what Stephanie needs,” Gunther said. “He’s a great guy who’s highly supportive of her and who feels the same way about her as she does about him.”

It makes me happy to know that my daughter found such a sweet, courteous boy who makes her smile and treats her well.

— Mrs. Dawn Lane

It’s not only the couple’s friends who think they work well together. Lane’s mother Mrs. Dawn Lane is happy her daughter is in a relationship with Langworthy.

“It makes me happy to know that my daughter found such a sweet, courteous boy who makes her smile and treats her well,” Mrs. Lane said. “I’m very fond of him and I’m glad to have him around.”

Lane and Langworthy feel fortunate to have found one another and appreciate even the little things that brighten each other’s lives.

“We’re basically the same person, so it’s fun to be able to do stuff that we actually want to do,” Langworthy said.