Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

Soon-to-be Assistant Superintendent Brian Wiskur (left) and soon-to-be Principal Matt Moore are excited about their promotions.

IMAGE / Ave'r McKay

IMAGE / Ave'r McKay

Assistant Principal Matt Moore has been promoted and will be the principal in place of current Principal Brian Wiskur at teh start of the new marking period, Monday, April 10.

This change comes after Mr. Brian Wiskur recently accepted the position of assistant superintendent.

After years of working hard at the high school, the school board decided that it was time for each of the principals to move on to bigger things.

Although Moore will still be at the high school, he will have many more responsibilities but is excited he will have more authority to punish students for not saying “good morning” back to him.

“With Wiskur leaving, I will have big shoes to fill,” Moore said. “But I think that I already have a running start, so I should adjust nicely.”

Moore is excited to accept this position and is looking forward to the next stage in his life.

I am very excited to see my dad be promoted.”

— Claudia Moore, sophomore

Moore’s daughter, sophomore Claudia Moore, is happy for her father.

“I am very excited to see my dad be promoted,” Claudia said.

This will also be a big change for Wiskur. He will be leaving the high school and moving across the street to the administration building.

“Yes, this is a big change for me. But I think, ultimately, it will be a positive change,” Wiskur said. “I believe I will have a bigger opportunity to push forward my new slogan ‘Failure is not an option,’ in the admin building.”

Although this will be a big change for the high school, many students believe the change will make a positive difference.

“Having Mr. Moore be the head of the high school will be good,” senior Alexis Schwartz said. “I think there will be a more positive atmosphere.”

As of now, Mr. Kevin Walworth, soon-to-be former assistant superintendent, plans to pick up his family and begin travelling the world.

“There are so many sights around the world that I would like to see,” Walworth said. “Now that I am done doing administration work, I can do everything that I have wanted to do.”

The assistant principal position has not yet been filled, but Superintendent Patti Yorks has mentioned the possibility of letting Moore run the school on his own.

No matter what happens, students can rest assure that the administration at the high school and across the street have their best interests at heart and are constantly working to better the educational careers of students.

Disclaimer — This story is made up and is completely fictitious. Don’t believe a word of it. April Fools!

1 Comment

One Response to “Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April”

1. Brooke T Nau on April 2nd, 2017 1:17 am

I don’t know Mr. Moore but Mr. Wiskur totally deserves this.. He has been working his butt off since I’ve been there.

[Reply]

*

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

The Eclipse gets new editor in chief, managing editor

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Internet safety remains important as technology advances

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

The Eclipse modifies its publishing schedule

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Genesee Opportunity offers money to every graduate

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Michigan may change graduation requirements

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Students become certified in CPR

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ makes teens more aware of suicide

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

The flu affects thousands, past and present

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Sloan’s Titanic exhibit takes visitors back in history

• Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

News

Monopoly replaces thimble game piece in new design

Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April