Cami Clarambeau balances classwork, curiosity

IMAGE / Courtesy of Cami Clarambeau
Cami Clarambeau has her senior pictures taken under the sun.

Senior Cami Clarambeau is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, beauty queen. Her smile is the type to light up the room as soon as she walks in.

Her enthusiasm is contagious and makes others feel welcome when talking to her.

Senior Brittney Dick believes that Clarambeau will go far in life.

“Cami is well-rounded, driven, and very bright. Her outgoing personality and dedication to everything she does makes her a wonderful person,” Dick said. “She puts her heart and soul into everything she cares about. I couldn’t have asked to meet someone as driven as her. I know she will go far in life.”

She is passionate and puts her all into everything that she does, which is proven with her favorite Bible quote: “Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created” -Esther 4:14.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Cami Clarambeau
Senior Cami Clarambeau helps on a mission trip to the Bahamas with her church.

This quote means a lot to Clarambeau.

“I believe that that quote means to live life with a purpose, to always show love and affection in every situation,” Clarambeau said. “I’m very grateful for everything that has been given to me and this life that I have.”

Clarambeau is dedicated to Kearsley and has been here since kindergarten.

She is involved with Student Council and is currently senior class president. She was freshman class president, as well.

Being class president leads to having duties like organizing events for the seniors: powder puff, prom, class apparel, and her new idea — powdertuff, a volleyball game between classes similar to powder puff.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Cami Clarambeau
Senior Cami Clarambeau (left) and senior Loren Jolin attend the Student Council State Conference last year.

In addition, she will be in charge of scheduling class reunions in the future.

Clarambeau is heavily involved in theater and has has a lead role in four plays, including “Murder will Make Him Mine,” “Mmmbeth,” and “Drop Dead Juliet!”

Clarambeau is also the treasurer of the Thespian Society. She keeps track of the funds and money made from the plays.

She even helped co-direct the latest play, “Murder Will Make Him Mine.”

She has been in varsity choir for all four years, as well as Melody Makers, an after-school choir class that competes against other choir classes all over the nation.

Last year, during the choir trip to Florida, Melody Makers won its competition.

To make her schedule more complicated, she also manages to maintain high grades and takes honors classes.

“I won’t take more than I can handle,” Clarambeau said. “I focus on the good versus the bad and try my hardest in every situation. To me that is what is the most important part.”

IMAGE / Courtesy of Cami Clarambeau
Sophomore Chloe (left) and senior Cami Clarambeau share a pose together at the state choir competition.

She is ready to graduate this year.

“I’m beyond ready to graduate,” Clarambeau said. “I’ll miss that all my activities won’t be all in one place like here, but I’m ready for the new adventures.”

In the fall, she will attend Baker College. She wants to become an occupational therapist.

“I have a great life and I want to continue to help other people because that has been something I’m very passionate about,” Clarambeau said.

Her sister, Chloe Clarambeau, sophomore, sees how hard Cami works and is extremely proud of her.

“My sister is hardworking and doesn’t get enough credit for all her hard work,” Chloe said. “My sister can do anything, and I’m proud of her.”