‘Bring it on’: I’m looking forward to my upperclassmen years

Autumn+Prescott

Autumn Prescott

In less than a week I will be able to say I’m a high school junior, and that’s completely and utterly mind blowing to me.

I’ll be an upperclassman at Kearsley High School, and I honestly can’t wait.

I’m sure there will be times during my junior and senior years when I’ll want to give up and times where I’ll be so sick and tired of school I’ll want nothing more than for it all to be over.

But for right now, I want to enjoy the new status and not worry about the incoming responsibilities.

These past two years as an underclassman have been great, but to be an upperclassman seems like some amazing title that allows you to run the school.

OK, maybe I won’t actually get to run the school considering that’s Principal Brian Wiskur’s job, but I’m sure there are still some bragging rights, right?

I want to say thank you to the upperclassmen who have come before me and left their mark on the school. Not only did you impact KHS as a whole, but you also impacted individual students as well.

The graduating Class of 2017 included some upperclassmen whom I’ll never forget.

You treated me with respect and made the first half of my high school experience something amazing and unique. You guys truly have influenced my life, and I’m so grateful to have known you.

If I have even half of the influence you guys had on me on students younger than me, this upperclassman thing will be 100 percent worth it.

Upperclassmen set the bar for upcoming freshmen and sophomores. To set an example for hundreds of students is a big responsibility, but I’m up for the challenge.

Sure, I’ll have more responsibilities, and I’ve heard the homework is pretty tough, and college applications are possibly the most terrifying thing looming in my not-so-distant future… wait — I’m supposed to be talking about the positive things about being an upperclassman.

Senior year means prom, and junior year means my class has a very good chance at finally winning a powder puff game.

There are many more exciting times coming, and being an upperclassman will offer memories and experiences that will stay with me forever.

Times may get tough in these next two years, but the good times will be so tremendous that there’s no way I can say it won’t be worth it.

So even with all the warnings from students older than me about these last few years as a high school student, all I have to say is, bring it on Kearsley.