Jamarius Harris helps, influences friends

IMAGE / Courtesy of Jamarius Harris

Sophomore Jamarius Harris poses with Kearsley alumna Amber Shields.

Sophomore Jamarius Harris is known for being charismatic and an altogether influential person.

All around KHS, Harris is seen as a friendly face to students and teachers alike.

Harris helps his friends and loves to do so. He believes that helping others is a kind act that is beneficial for both himself and the people he’s helping.

“Helping others lets me work on my problem-solving skills and helps me try to make life better for others,” Harris said.

Sophomore Halle Parish, one of Harris’ friends who calls him Jay, sees him as a true problem solver.

“Jay is one of those people that you can go to whenever you need help,” Parish said. “He’s literally there for me every time I have a problem.”

Friends and family are priorities to Harris. He does everything in his power to make sure everyone is OK over himself. Others’ feelings are more important than his own, in his mind.

Parish sees this trait in Harris.

“He is the most selfless person I’ve ever met,” Parish said. “He could be going through his own problems but put your problems, whether big or small, before his own.”

He sees his friends and family as being influential.

“Both my friends and family influence me in positive ways,” Harris said. “They both influence me to be the best person I can be and to try to make everything positive for everyone.”

He is someone who I completely trust…. He’s a great influence and a very awesome kid.

— Kristopher Perry, sophomore

Sophomore Kristopher Perry, Harris’ best friend, trusts and sees Harris as a good influence.

“He is someone who I completely trust. I’m glad to have someone like him as a friend,” Perry said. “He has showed me what to find in a person and what to do and not do in a crowd. He’s a great influence and a very awesome kid.”

Harris also uses his past to influence his decisions for the future.

“My past has always affected how I look at the future. Growing up and seeing certain things has given me motivation to be a better person,” Harris said. “Looking at my past self drives me to be a better influence.”

Harris has a bright future ahead of him. He has big dreams and ideas for what he wants to do as an adult.

“In the future, I want to open up my own business or practice and give back to the community that helped raise me into the person I am today,” Harris said.

As always, Harris is all for helping others. His goal in life is to give guidance and assist everyone that he possibly can.

I will always be grateful to have a friend like him.

— Halle Parish, sophomore

“I want to try to help others and give them the best opportunities to succeed in life,” Harris said.

Parish sees Harris as a kind person. Everything he has done and will do for people is amazing. He stands out among the rest.

“He’s one of those people that I’ll never be able to repay for everything he’s done for me and everything that he has helped me through,” Parish said. “I will always be grateful to have a friend like him.”