The Eclipse seniors say goodbye

IMAGE / Mrs. Bethany Goff

Ryan Thomas, Co-Editor in Chief

The last three years of my life have been tumultuous, but this newspaper has been my anchor.

From my sophomore year forward, people like Aaron Haack, Ben Roof, Katie Valley, and Kayla Smith have been my mentors. They took my writing and made it into something much better.

My personality has shifted in much the same way. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the influence of those people, and I hope I’ve done the same for some of my classmates.

Goodbye, farewell, and amen.

Ave’r McKay, Co-Editor in Chief

IMAGE / Ms. Athena McKay

Goodbye?

I have never known an event as bittersweet as a goodbye. Goodbye forever? Goodbye for a while? I don’t know.

I find myself being unsure of a lot of things lately. I am unsure about what I will do in the future, what I will do today, and half of the time I do not even understand what I did in the past.

I am sure, however, of the impact that high school has had on my life. It transformed me into an almost-new person.

The Eclipse also had a big affect on me. I have been an editor for two years now. I was a sports editor my junior year, and now I am a co-editor in chief. These leadership positions gave me an opportunity to speak out and become more of the person I wanted to be.

In both years that I have worked with The Eclipse, I have had the pleasure of working alongside Ryan Thomas. Ryan Thomas is an interesting individual, but I believe we have always gotten along very well. If you have never met Ryan Thomas, I encourage you to seek him out.

Saying goodbye has always been hard for me. I like change, but I don’t like changing, and saying goodbye is changing. I know that it will be a good change though, and I know that, in the end, it will be good. I am soo ready to leave, but leaving will be hard.

So, goodbye. It’s been great.

Katelyn Elumbaugh, Editor

IMAGE / Ms. Vickie Elumbaugh

Thank goodness — no more work points and style quizzes!

I can’t thank this class, and the people involved in it, enough for everything I have learned.

To the underclassmen that I’m leaving behind, keep writing. Whether it be for the newspaper, or simply on your own. Exercise the skills this class has taught you.

To my fellow seniors, we did it! I am so glad that I have experienced the past few years with you. Good luck with everything you will encounter. I know we all have the potential.

Haylie Brooks, Reporter

IMAGE / Lexi Lu Photos

As my senior year comes to an end, I have to say goodbye to the place that has brought me so many great memories and amazing friends. I was only a part of The Eclipse for one year, but it has taught me so much.

I have learned how important journalists truly are in the everyday world and how to be an all-around better writer.

This class has introduced me to some great new people that I wouldn’t have had the chance to get to know without it.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me through these past four years, and a special thank you to Mr. Puffer, who was always pushing me to be a better writer.

Andrew Flynn, Reporter

IMAGE / Ms. Heidi M. Histed

Oh crap, I was supposed to write this thing?

My senior year is almost over. I’m at the end of my rope. Graduation is upon me. I have to start acting like an adult soon.

Oh no.

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, it’s a 12-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, and an enormous sign on the roof saying “This is a large crisis.”

On the other hand, I’ve had a good run here at Kearsley. Sure, there’s many, many parts I regret and wish never happened, but there’s good things that have happened to me here.

I made new friends while, in turn, I lost others. I learned lessons that will help me later in life and prepare me for college.

I’m going to miss this place I guess. I want to thank everyone who made my time at Kearsley High School memorable. I wish everyone all the best.

IMAGE / Austin Wycoff
The seniors say goodbye.