Wiskur, Moore take new jobs in April

IMAGE / Ave'r McKay

Soon-to-be Assistant Superintendent Brian Wiskur (left) and soon-to-be Principal Matt Moore are excited about their promotions.

Assistant Principal Matt Moore has been promoted and will be the principal in place of current Principal Brian Wiskur at the start of the new marking period, Monday, April 10.

This change comes after Mr. Brian Wiskur recently accepted the position of assistant superintendent.

After years of working hard at the high school, the school board decided that it was time for each of the principals to move on to bigger things.

Although Moore will still be at the high school, he will have many more responsibilities but is excited he will have more authority to punish students for not saying “good morning” back to him.

“With Wiskur leaving, I will have big shoes to fill,” Moore said. “But I think that I already have a running start, so I should adjust nicely.”

Moore is excited to accept this position and is looking forward to the next stage in his life.

I am very excited to see my dad be promoted.

— Claudia Moore, sophomore

Moore’s daughter, sophomore Claudia Moore, is happy for her father.

“I am very excited to see my dad be promoted,” Claudia said.

This will also be a big change for Wiskur. He will be leaving the high school and moving across the street to the administration building.

“Yes, this is a big change for me. But I think, ultimately, it will be a positive change,” Wiskur said. “I believe I will have a bigger opportunity to push forward my new slogan ‘Failure is not an option,’ in the admin building.”

Although this will be a big change for the high school, many students believe the change will make a positive difference.

“Having Mr. Moore be the head of the high school will be good,” senior Alexis Schwartz said. “I think there will be a more positive atmosphere.”

As of now, Mr. Kevin Walworth, soon-to-be former assistant superintendent, plans to pick up his family and begin travelling the world.

“There are so many sights around the world that I would like to see,” Walworth said. “Now that I am done doing administration work, I can do everything that I have wanted to do.”

The assistant principal position has not yet been filled, but Superintendent Patti Yorks has mentioned the possibility of letting Moore run the school on his own.

No matter what happens, students can rest assure that the administration at the high school and across the street have their best interests at heart and are constantly working to better the educational careers of students.

Disclaimer — This story is made up and is completely fictitious. Don’t believe a word of it. April Fools!