IMAGE / Graphic from U.S. Department of Homeland Security

These four Kearsley students are examples of how immigration helps build the Kearsley community.

Immigration strengthens Kearsley’s community

As unity in the United States becomes questionable and division among people increases surrounding U.S. immigration policies, The Eclipse looked at how immigration and immigrants play a role in our community.

Three stories of immigration about four different students were written to shine a light on diversity in our hallways.

Three students’ stories follow immigrants from Mexico, and one is the story of a student emigrating from Belarus.

In 2015, there were about 160,000 immigrants from Mexico to the United States, and 1,305 came to Michigan, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. In addition, there were about 2,000 immigrants from Belarus who entered the United States with only 14 coming to Michigan.

Take a look at the life of immigration from an immigrant’s point of view. (Just click on the photos.)

The Arambula sisters miss family in Mexico but enjoy life in the U.S.
Alex Khait hopes to achieve the ‘American Dream’
Niccos Patrick traces his lineage to a Mexican immigrant

The Eclipse • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Eclipse Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *