Jolin advises underclassmen on exam preparation

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis

Senior Loren Jolin recommends studying for exams with friends.

All Kearsley high school students will be taking their first semester exams on Wednesday, Jan. 25.

For seniors, this could possibly be the last exams that they take in high school, thanks to second semester exam exceptions.

For freshmen, it is a new aspect of high school they have yet to experience.

With the date quickly approaching, two students shared their thoughts with The Eclipse on the upcoming tests

Senior Loren Jolin is happy to be taking some of her last exams of high school.

“Considering that I’ve taken 36 exams so far throughout high school (not including senior year), ” Jolin said, “I’d have to say I’m pretty thrilled to be done with them until I have to take more in college.”

Freshman Claire Ouellette feels nervous about her first exams.

“I am a little nervous for them,” Oullette said. “But I know that my teachers have given me enough (reviews) and all I need to do is study for them.”

Work on exam reviews, especially the tougher classes, with a group of friends. That way it’d be easier to finish, and they could get help and/or help others.

— Loren Jolin, senior

Exam reviews and other materials have shown to be helpful for students in preparation for exams.

“I have looked over my study guides that my teachers have given me,” Oullette said. “I also use Quizlet to look over my vocabulary words for my classes.”

Jolin gives advice to underclassmen on how to efficiently prepare for exams.

“Work on exam reviews, especially the tougher classes, with a group of friends,” Jolin said. “That way it’d be easier to finish, and they could get help and/or help others.”

Jolin also advises underclassmen to “stay relaxed and manage your time.”