Five seniors share their thoughts on their last year of high school

Another school year has passed and a new class of seniors have arrived.

For most students, senior year is the most important year of their life. It can dictate their entire future.

Five students have answered questions regarding their feelings on their senior year.

Cami Clarambeau, Senior 

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis
Senior Cami Clarambeau finds it difficult to find spare time in her busy schedule.

What questions have family and friends asked the most since senior year started? How does this question make you feel?

“What are your plans for after school?” Clarambeau said. “It makes me nervous answering because I constantly change my mind.”

What has been the most stressful part of  the year so far? Why?

“The most stressful part of the year so far has been trying to balance my busy schedule. I am involved in so much, it is hard to find any spare time.”

What nerves do you have about your life after high school?

“College debt!”

Chandler Ford, Senior

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis
Senior Chandler Ford is confident about his future choices.

“They ask me where I plan on going to college and what I will be studying,” Ford said. “Those questions bother me a little because I don’t exactly know the answer to those questions just yet.”

“Calculus. At some points it is really easy, then a new concept is thrown at you and it causes you to panic at certain times.”

“I’m not really nervous because I know I will make the right choice on where to go. But I am somewhat nervous about leaving home.

“It will be the first time living out on my own without somebody watching over me making sure all of my responsibilities are taken care of.”

Emily Harper, Senior

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis
Senior Emily Harper finds herself being stressed when thinking about college.

“What college are you going to and what do you want to do there?” Harper said. “This makes me feel very overwhelmed and stressed out about my future.

“Like I have to know everything I want to do now, and if I don’t follow through, then I may be a disappointment and end then up being homeless.”

“That would have to be thinking about my future and where I want to end up, both academically and in life.

“If I don’t make the right choice now, then I could end up unhappy in a university and may have to stay in school longer, if I decide on a different major, and the thing I hate most is wasting my time.”

“I am nervous about how tough the classes may be at university. I feel almost as if high school has not prepared me for university life and how to be a successful student there.

“I am also nervous about how much more schooling I am planning on going through.”

Kaitlyn Alburtus, Senior 

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis
Senior Kaitlyn Alburtus thinks that worrying about all the requirements for college is the most stressful part of her senior year.

What question have family and friends asked the most since senior year started? How does this question make you feel? 

“Have you figured out what you want to pursue yet?” Alburtus said. “This makes me feel like I am under a lot of pressure and makes me realize how quick college is coming.

“I feel like I need to make the decision now or I will never be able to figure it out.”

“The most stressful part of the year so far is most definitely making sure I get all the things like FAFSA, applying to colleges, ordering my cap and gown, and day on the job done in time.”

“Some of the nerves I have are the debt I will be in after college, which college I am going to go to, and what career I want to pursue. I know that I need to start making decisions soon and it is very scary and stressful.”

Marcus Moss, Senior

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis
Senior Marcus Moss is nervous about living on his own.

“What are your plans after high school?” Moss said. “It makes me feel nervous about getting into the school I want.”

What has been the most stressful part of the year so far? Why?

“Calculus has been the most stressful thing so far because there are a lot of difficult concepts that I am trying to learn.”

“I am nervous about living on my own and not being able to be with my parents.”