Swim falls to Holly, cross country competes in league jamboree

IMAGE / Ave'r McKay

Swim

The swim team lost a close meet to Holly, 97-88, on Thursday, Oct. 20.

The Hornets placed first and second in the 200-yard medley relay.

The first-place relay team consisted of seniors Rebecca Moyer, Brittney Williams, Aubrey Scott, and Ave’r McKay. They finished in 2:18.44.

The second-place relay team had a time of 2:20.91, with a team of freshman Felicia Cunningham, senior Alexis Schwartz, senior Elizabeth Mitchell, and freshman Lily Brown.

Scott also placed second in the 200 IM, with a time of 2:53.61.

The Hornets also swept the 50 freestyle, McKay placed first with a time of 28.63, Brown finished next with a 30.01, and Cunningham placed third in 30.35.

Freshman Maddie Raysin placed first in diving, with a score of 165.95. Raysin also placed third in the 100 butterfly.

McKay also placed second in the 100 freestyle while Mitchell placed third and Schwartz placed fourth.

The 200 freestyle relay also placed first and second with teams of McKay, Brown, Mitchell, and Williams in first, and freshman Amelia Boggs, Schwartz, Raysin, and Scott in second.

Moyer and Cunningham placed second and third in the 100 backstroke, with times of 1:21.34 and 1:28.83, respectively.

The 400 freestyle relay team of Moyer, Raysin, Mitchell, and Cunningham placed second in 4:45.63.

The Hornets will swim against Fenton Tuesday, Oct. 25, at Fenton.

Cross country

The boys and girls cross country teams competed at the Metro League Championship Jamboree, Wednesday, Oct. 19.

The boys placed eighth out of eight teams, with 237 points, while Fenton won the meet with 30 points.

The No. 1 runner for the Hornets was junior Donald Martin, who finished his 5K in 42nd place, with a time of 19:10.26.

Next was sophomore Noah Ross, who placed 46th, finishing in 19:46.91.

Junior Kyle Palka finished in 48th place with a time of 20:24.47.

The girls also placed eighth out of eight teams, with 208 points, and the Fenton girls also won the meet with 38 points.

Finishing first for the Hornets was senior Savannah Jones, who placed 33rd. Her time was 23:41.20.

Senior Lexi Kelly finished next in 38th place, with a time of 24:54.85.

Behind her was freshman Ava Kelsey who placed 40th. She finished her 5K in 25:03.92.

This was the Hornets last meet of the regular season. They compete in the state regional meet Saturday, Oct. 29, at Delta College.