Homecoming week includes many student, community events

Homecoming week is an exciting week for the entire community.

The fun starts at school with spirit days: Grandparents Day, Tie-dye Tuesday, Weather Wednesday, Tourist Thursday, and Blue and Gold Day.

The female students are given a chance to show their football spirit with powder puff games.

The games begin Monday, Oct. 3, with the preliminary powder puff games. Freshman girls will play the junior girls at 5 p.m., and sophomore girls will play senior girls at 7 p.m.

There will also be a pep rally on Monday to kick off homecoming week. The school day will run on an assembly schedule and the pep rally is set to begin no later than 1:15 p.m.

The winning powder puff teams will then move on to the championship game, Wednesday, Oct. 5, during sixth hour, so classes will run on an assembly schedule again. The championship game is also a fundraiser for the Kearsley Christmas Charities, so fans will be asked to donate $2.

A second pep rally will be held Friday, Oct. 7, to encourage school spirit before the game that night.

Before the football game begins, there will be a Homecoming Parade. The parade will begin at the old Paro building at 5 p.m. and will march south down Genessee Road back to the high school in time for the football game.

The football team is playing the Brandon Blackhawks at 7 p.m., which is one of the most exciting parts of homecoming week.

However, homecoming is not complete without the dance.

The all-around-the-world-themed dance will be held in the gym from 7-11 p.m.

Homecoming week is packed with different events to attend and is a time for family and community fun.

This is a great week to show school spirit and come together as a community.