Mr. Kearsley allows talented students to perform

Male students who wish to show off their talents will soon have their opportunity at Mr. Kearsley, a talent show.

Auditions for Mr. Kearsley are Monday, Oct. 10, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

The cheer team plans, sets up, and hosts Mr. Kearsley and uses the show as a fundraiser.

Senior William Spielmaker tried out two years ago and was selected to perform.

“I chose to do a cover of Rihanna’s ‘We Found Love’ on my saxaphone,” Spielmaker said. “I play saxaphone in the school band, so I was excited to play outside of class and share my passion with others.”

For participants who make the cut, rehearsal for the show is Tuesday, Oct.11, at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

The show is the next day, Wednesday, Oct. 12, also in the auditorium at 7 p.m.

Those who wish to view the show will have to pay $3 to enter.

Cheerleader Hailey Baltosser, senior, said that she enjoys being a part of the production.

It is fun to see all the talent we have at this school, and even if you don’t win, at least you tried and people see what amazing things you can do.

— William Spielmaker, senior

“Mr. Kearsley allows guys to show off hidden talents that they have,” Baltosser said. “I have seen several guys who are shy put themselves out there, and they end up having some talent that no one ever knew about.”

First, second, and third place are picked by the judges who are appointed by the cheer coach.

There is also a best-dressed category that is determined by the audience.

There will be an opportunity for audience members to cast their votes with a dollar — one dollar equals one vote.

“I didn’t win my sophomore year,” Spielmaker said. “But it was one of the most enjoyable high school experiences I have been a part of. It is fun to see all the talent we have at this school, and even if you don’t win, at least you tried and people see what amazing things you can do.”